Special Guest Boris Garbe
This week's guest was Boris Garbe, curator of the Art Gallery at Mills Park, a world-class gallery located here in Orlando, Florida. Boris discusses how life led him to his current calling and what steps he took to make his dream a reality. In addition, he shares these tips about marketing his gallery:
Boris's strategic work to market his gallery led to Danny Duncan, the drummer for the band We the Kings, to try to punk the gallery as a fundraiser. That video has had over 1.3 million views! Watch below:
As you can see the gallery is a beautiful space that is also available for corporate events and private parties, providing ample free parking and lots of great restaurants that can cater nearby.
For more information on renting the space: 407-234-7033
7 Coolest Things:
7) Where's Waldo? for Google Maps - taking the classic game/book of Where's Waldo? and adding it as an interaction on Google maps. How fun for elementary school teachers to help engage their students in geography!
6) Conductive Paint - this paint is actually electrical wire in disguise! Watch this video to understand what I mean:
5) Asana - project management but visually driven (and affordable)
4) Beautiful Bond Salon - from PetCo - make a salon appointment for yourself to be transformed into matching your pet. (Instagram star Topher Brophy)
3) Clipisode - an interactive video response app that allows your viewers to respond with their own video. Ask a question and let your viewers respond.
2) Insta Toon - real-time art filters - for photos or video
1) Flotogram - leave AR photos floating in space where you took them. Record it to video and share.
BORIS'S COOL THING:
Tunified - tune into a TV (or other device) even if you are in a crowded room.