Special Guest Anthony "Biggie" Bencomo of Deli Fresh Threads.
This week's guest is Anthony "Biggie" Bencomo of Deli Fresh Threads, who is the king of branding. Combining sandwiches and t-shirts, his two passions, Biggie has created a perfect marketing and branding shop from website and product-delivery to in-person meetups at his #sandwicheatups.
10 Coolest Things:
9) Loreal Thumbnail UV Sensor - the size of a large sequin glued to your thumbnail, the device tracks your UV exposure for two weeks at a time giving feedback on limiting sun exposure.
8) Google Arts & Culture - in addition to having tons of info about famous artists, paintings, take virtual tours, etc. you can upload and find your perfect art match
7) Walmart Scan and Go - very similar to Apple Store’s scan and go - grab an item and scan it, pay using the app, and then go on your way quickly!
6) Toyota-s ePalette - a large box van that is autonomous and can be outfitted as different things - storefront, kitchen, bus, mobile hotel room, or mobile do’s office. Toyota has already teamed with Uber and Pizza Hut to use the vehicle.
5) Aflac’s Sproutel Duck - a plush duck that is built especially for children fighting cancer - giggles when you tickle it, has emojis for children to communicate how they feel (sad, silly, etc.) and a catheter port so children can pretend to give it chemo.
4) Hypecast - an advertising network specifically for podcasters.
3) Peloton Tread - a treadmill with a live instructor on a monitor in front of you.
2) Modobag - the suitcase that charges all your devices but also turns into a mini scooter that will get you through the airport at 8 mph.
1) Concussion sensing mouthguard - takes all the guesswork out of hard hits to the head - great for a variety of sports!
The Local Spotlight:
This Orlando Spotlight is on local food. Bess Auer talks about Tako Cheena, a favorite Asian-Mexican fusion eatery that has plenty of vegetarian options. Anthony Bencomo discusses Pom Pom's Teahouse and Sandwicheria as a favorite.