Special Guest Joshua C. Johnson
This week's guest is Joshua C. Johnson. Joshua discusses online influencers and how business can best utilize them for the greatest ROI. To see some of Joshua's work visit jseverydayfashion.com and joshuacjohnson.com.
10 Coolest Things:
10) Delectable - an app that allows you to take a pic of a wine label and get reviews of the wine.
9) Pup Socks - custom socks with your pet’s face on them - or your face!
8) Lego AR - combine your physical Legos with augmented Legos and more action - record movies and share.
7) Thursday Night Football on Twitch - watch live and chat with thousands. (They’ve been streamed on Amazon, but now they’ve gone to Twitch for the chat.) First up was the Saints vs the Falcons - 600k+ viewers.
6) Polyword - snap a pic and have the item instantly translated into another language for you. (30 languages)
5) Facebook Sound - Facebook approved music and sound effects for your Facebook videos.
4) uTask - Hire a coder for a specific task and pay nothing unless they get it done in 24 hours.
3) Foodzilla - snap a picture and this app will analyze the nutritional value - calories, etc.
2) TrollTax - donate to charity in the name of a troll - and the troll will be notified. (Chrome extension, too)
1) Biogas - turn your food scraps into usable clean gas.
JOSHUA'S COOL THING:
Gnarbox - backup, edit, and instantly share your pictures.
The Local Spotlight:
This week's spotlight focuses on dating and entrepreneurship. Kristen Manieri of Orlando Date Night Guide, has not only taken her business to a paid premium model but has expanded to additional cities - congrats! Meanwhile business consultant David Brim has started Orlando Entrepreneurs, whose mission is to connect, cultivate, and celebrate local entrepreneurs. This website is a one-stop shop for the resources startups need.