Special Guests: Greg Trujillo and Carolyn Capern
Items Mentioned in This Episode
10 Coolest Things:
10) Linklay - create a shoppable image with popup description/pricing.
9) Rise Science - the new sleep program designed for elite athletes - coming soon for the rest of us.
8) storyline.io - create a voice app for Alexa using this software - no coding required!
7) Google Planets - explore space and planets' surfaces using google maps - so cool!
6) Top Medium Stories - updated daily.
5) Uber Sign Language - uses video and text to help you learn sign language.
4) Digital Legacy - this automatically sends a pre-recorded message to a designated person when you die.
3) Gyroscope - create an annual book about your life using your online data from apps like Fitbit, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
2) Read and Style Pen - hold the stylus above written text and it reads it aloud - designed for dyslexic but can be used by people with macular degeneration, failing eyesight, etc.
1) Hoverbikes - Dubai the police will be using hover bikes for emergency response - they can fly over traffic.
GREG AND CAROLYN'S COOLEST THINGS:
The Local Spotlight:
This week's Orlando Startup Spotlight features WordCamp Orlando, a weekend camp dedicated too using WordPress. Appropriate for bloggers, developers, small business owners, and anyone using WordPress.
Game Changer Orlando is also featured. On its website, Game Changer is described as a nerd nonprofit that teaches kids how to learn through games. Now in its third year, Game Changer uses strategic card, board, and role-playing games infused with an educational and social/emotional curriculum to create excitement about learning and growing.